Lo and behold, this is the first installment of my series of reviews of DC/MD thrift stores. Shops will span Bethesda, Rockville, Olney, Gaithersburg, Silver Spring, Wheaton, and DC.
My first feature for this series is the Goodwill in Rockville.
I’ve been going to the Goodwill in Rockville for years! It is located on Boiling Brook Parkway off of Rockville Pike and is relatively close to the White Flint Metro. This Goodwill location is in a Strip Mall alongside many Kosher food establishments and is located at the far left end of the mall’s parking lot.
I have been to many Goodwills in the Maryland area, and this one is by far my favorite. Over the past year or so, this location has gotten significantly better. It might be because I know how to thrift smarter, or it might be because it moved to a bigger location….. who knows. Either way, this is one of my favorite thrift stores overall.
This location carries a plethora of items including furniture, dinnerware, toys, clothing, jewelry, and more. Each area is stocked with items that are in great condition and usually of good quality. Because this store is located in a relatively affluent area, the selection is to die for. I have found Valentino, Haute Hippie, Nike, Alice & Olivia, Emilio Pucci, BCGB, Marc Jacobs, Betsey Johnson, Missoni, Diane von Furstenberg, Theory, and pllleeenntyy of vintage items.
Below are a few of my favorite Goodwill Rockville finds:
Because I love this store so much, I’d give it 9 stars out of 10. The reason I took off 1 star is because of the location (not right near a metro) and the fact that when you go to the store at a bad time, you literally can’t find anything.
After visiting this location for years, I’ve learned a few tips for shopping smart. They include:
- Hit the store during the day on weekdays or weekend mornings when people are at work or sleeping in
- The staff puts out new clothing inventory around the afternoon everyday
- Items are not organized too well — so look in every section and area, if you have the time
- As usual, take the time to look. There are a tons of items to peruse… so don’t rush your visit
- The dress section is amazing so definitely look there if you’re in the mood.
- The prices are not the cheapest, so visit on Tuesdays for 25% all used items — it’s Customer Appreciation Day
Now go visit the Goodwill in Rockville! You’ll probably see me there.
Address: 4890 Boiling Brook Pkwy, Rockville, MD 20852
Check out my Art!: Art